Wednesday, January 18, 2006




I'm a happy guy right now. Two reasons:

1) I caught an early flight back from Minneapolis, which got me home at 5:30pm instead of midnight.

2) I had a dream last night that I lived across the street from the long-dead legendary Chicago rock club Lounge Ax. In my dream, it was alive and kicking with a secret Wilco show. There were only about 30 people in the audience, more locals than hard-core Wilco fans, all drinking bourbon and bud light. I grabbed a seat at the end of the bar (near the photo booth) and watched a killer version of "Muzzle of Bees." It may not have happened in real life, but it was such a vivid dream that the residual thrill is still there.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed - would have been a great show but it couldn't have happened. Buzzle of Bees was written after the Lounge Ax closed.

Speaking of Jeff Tweedy, here's a link to two new Loose Fur Songs.

http://www.eachnotesecure.com/?p=171

10:26 AM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

Okay, which of my Wilco fan friends is this?

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

initals drk

What'd you think of the new Loose Fur?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks, now you've made me all nostalgic for Chicago and bourbon... (sigh)

ksp

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell, isaac, what a great dream. I still live here, but now I'm all nostalgic for days gone by in Chicago...

se

12:59 PM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

Sara Ellis???

Yeah, those were the days... being twentysomething and drunk in Chicago. I actually saw Tweedy a few times at Lounge Ax, though certainly not with as sparse an audience.

Ryan - I haven't checked out Loose Fur. I can't keep up with you!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be interested to see a bottle that contains all of the bourbon that i consumed in chicago between 1997 and 2001.

i don't miss the smoke at lounge ax.

okay.

yes i do.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. Lounge Ax. sniff.

LA was the first 21+ place I got into without being carded (I was 19), thanks to the WNUR guest list. It was a Franklin Bruno show. I'll never forget it.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home