Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Checking in From Minneapolis

Some people would kill for this location.

I'm steps from Mall of America, which houses an indoor roller coaster and more chain restaurants than there probably are in the rest of the state put together. Sadly, I don't get to enjoy this rubber stamp leisure, since I'm nestled (comfortably, I might add) inside the Marriott, cramming for an 11am meeting with the Best Buy music folks.


Others would kill for this opportunity

On the hotel shuttle last night, I met two early twentysomething girls from Iowa who work for Target in the HR department, and were up here for an HR conference. They were wide-eyed and friendly in that rural midwestern sort of way. One was blond, the other brunette. I'll let you guess which one gave me the, "Wow, you live in New York City!? Have you ever been to Broadway?!" line. Yep, folks, stereotypes fulfilled while you wait.

They overheard me talking to Sarah who was using the headset while driving through Manhattan. I cautioned her to be careful. When I got off the phone, the (blond or brunette - guess!) said to me, "I didn't know that they let people drive in Manhattan. I thought it was just cabs and buses and stuff."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home