Wednesday, February 07, 2007

When you work at a very large company, there's this sea of middle managers without definitive opinions - or at least they're hesitant to make their strong preferences known, lest the decision backfire and their neck be on the line.

One of the cool things about this is that if you have a strong preference for one thing over another, you've got a good chance of driving the entire very large company in your preferred direction, because there aren't too many other folks willing to voice strong opposition.

Those who know me, know that I have an opinion about everything. I'm emphatic about my opinions, but I'm very happy to be disabused of them if better opinions come along.

All of this makes for a very interesting workplace, sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home