Tuesday, January 30, 2007

ABC News - The First 100 Days

100 Days into my new job here at ABC/Disney, and I am honestly loving every minute of it. Sure, it's a big company. Sure, there's politics galore, communication challenges, and competing fiefdoms. BUT, it's a media company. BUT, it's a group of highly motivated, articulate, intelligent and creative individuals. BUT, there's actually quite a bit of integration with all of the Disney properties - nothing's really siloed. AND, best of all - I am an internet professional again. Say it loud and proud.

It tickles me pink to realize that this internet thing isn't just some game I've been playing for fifteen years (gopherspace, anyone), or that we're not the bastard stepchild of an uppity old media company.

The internet - it's here to stay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Ferdman said...

Sounds good, boss! I might be entering back into that world myself soon. Hopefully.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love to hear about people who love their jobs and their lives. It is such a rare privilege & blessing!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home