Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My take on the various candidates' chances in the Republican primaries:

Social Issues, Smocial Issues, He's Got The Mo'
Rudy Giuliani

Get That Name Recognition Up, And You Might Have A Shot
Mitt Romney
Chuck Hagel
Mike Huckabee

Drain From McCain
Sam Brownback

Straight Talk Express Seems To Have Derailed
John McCain

Tanned, Rested And Ready?
Newt Gingrich

Kucinich Of The Right
Duncan Hunter
Tom Tancredo

Running For A Cabinet Position, Guys?
John Cox
Jim Gilmore
Ron Paul
Tommy Thompson
George Pataki

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott Hess said...

I think it's a two-horse race: McCain vs. Giuliani. And I think either one beats anybody from the Left. My guess, uninformed as it may be...

12:39 AM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

McCain's star has faded, I think. Neo-cons don't like his politics. General population hates his stance on the war. Cloth coat Republicans are turned off by his pandering to the far right.

Giuliani has more mojo these days. And I agree with you that he'd trump any of the Democratic contendors. I personally don't have as much of a problem with him as many of my progressive bretheren do. Maybe, it's because living in Chicago for so long got me used to mayor-as-benevolent-dictator. Maybe, it's because I never lived in NYC while Rudy was running the show.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Republican candidates are all so bad this year, I might not even vote.

-Doug

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home