Monday, February 05, 2007

When Two-Year-Olds And Bad Guitarists Co-Write A Song

With the playground not an option this weekend (it was freezing!), Asher and I passed the time by writing songs. He would feed me words (all the nouns, and most of the adjectives), and I would supply the chords/melody. Below is sample:

(inexplicably sung to the tune of Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train")

/ C - / Em - / Am - / G - /
Ducky, Ducky
Ernie, Asher, Mommy
They took the subway
and someone was sorry
They took the R train
Oh man, it was a pain
It broke down, and
they had to walk home in the rain

Subway, Bus, and Taxi Cab too
Urban living will get the best of you
Unless you chill out with these cool folk
living right here in Park Slope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asher sounds like one smart kid, Isaac.

(I've been reading your blog for a while and enjoying it, and meaning to write -- both to comment on how adorable Asher is and just to say hi. BTW, I'm preggers now with my first -- I hope he or she is adorable as yours.)

The woman formally known as Michelle Ochs

9:24 PM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

Hi Michelle W.! Are you still working for the government?

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am -- Postal Service. (And yes, I've heard all the jokes.) Did the clerking thing (loved it), did the firm thing (hated it, but somehow ended up staying 4 years), and have been with the Postal Service for 2 1/2 years now (love it, though I've switched from doing Employment and Labor advice and class action defense to doing entirely appellate work, which is a little more academic and a lot less about fighting with opposing counsel). Your job sounds great -- I'm so glad you seem to still be doing what you love!

I've given you my flickr link as my webpage, since I don't have a blog (I figure one blogger in our family - my husband john - is enough; he's www.prodandponder.com).

Michelle

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home