Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Some day I will once again have the time and energy for lengthy and cohesive posts. But until then...

  • I'm reviewing the new Wilco CD for Down Beat. Just got it in the mail today, but grabbed an illicit listen a few weeks ago at work. Best thing they've done since Summerteeth is my first impression.

  • Every once in a while, I remember how incredible Jimmy Smith's The Sermon record is. If you get a chance, give it a listen. I'm not one for organ jazz, but the grooves he and his rhythm section lay down, and the solos (taken by the likes of Lou Donaldson, Kenny Burrell and a young Lee Morgan) are out of this world.

  • Leah went for her one-month doctor's visit today. She's in the 50th percentile for height and weight. For the non-initiated, that means she's in the bullseye of average. Given her genes, that's something of a wonder, and will not likely last for long. Asher, for example, is in the 5th percentile in height and the 10th percentile in weight.

    Blah blah blah baby blah blah blah toddler blah blah blah.

    Labels: ,

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Bob Ferdman said...

    How you keep up with everything with everything you've got going on is impressive.

    I'm mixed on the new Wilco. I may have to give it another listen - been trying to hold off until I get the "official" copy - but it hasn't grabbed me like most of their stuff does, at least not yet. I really like about half of it, I find myself skipping through every other song.

    10:25 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home