Sunday, May 06, 2007

I knew that music industry experience would come in handy, and other complaints

Oh Dear Reader(s), I haven’t felt so overwhelmed in a long time. Some tidbits:

  • On Tuesday night, I settled down to finish my paper, but Leah started crying. Finally got her down around 10pm, and wrote for an hour. Then, Asher woke up terrified of the thunderstorm. I stayed with him until after one in the morning.

  • On Thursday/Friday, Sarah, Asher and Leah all came down with some sort of stomach thing. I stayed home from work. At one point, when I was wiping Asher (who was redder ‘n a fire engine), Sarah said, “Why doesn’t he scream when you do that? He’s so raw that he shrieks when I try.” My response? “I worked in the music industry for a decade. I’m used to dealing with assholes.” Thanks. Be here all week.

  • Today, we made an impromptu trip over to Sarah’s grandmother’s house to stake claim on some miscellanea. This was supposed to have been done in an orderly fashion, but, well, it didn’t happen that way, and now it’s 9:30pm. Both kids are kvetching, and I’ve got a hallway full of paintings and 50-year-old throw pillows. Oh yeah, there’s a chicken in the oven that had to get cooked tonight (use it or lose it). It should be done around 11:15pm and cool enough to put in the refrigerator by midnight.

    It’s got to get easier.

    Labels: , ,

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home