Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We're two days into our Midwest tour, and already I'm starting to go stir crazy. Asher hung out with my parents today, while Sarah and I cruised aimlessly around Springfield.

It's been fifteen years since I last called this place home, and I definitely feel the widening chasm - of time and of that less tangible fabric that ties people to their community. I'm not proud of this widening chasm. It's not a good thing that I no longer feel comfortable anywhere outside a major metropolitan area.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.springfieldrewind.com/

9:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

And then there are those of us who live in a place where people think Springfield is "the big city." And the crazy thing is, it IS the big city compared to here- but everything still closes very early in Springfield and the town shuts down on Sundays.

Did you check out the new Lincoln Museum? I found it fun when we took the kids last summer.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home