Monday, July 24, 2006

Last night, Sarah and I had our periodic "We're reaching our breaking point in this tiny apartment, and we have to do something about space SOON" conversation. And now, after a sleepless night, I'm frantically searching the real estate websites, and wondering how I can beg, borrow or steal the million plus bucks that will keep us in the neighborhood but add another 200 square feet and a bathroom.

Is $1.1 million too much for a gut rehab with a top-floor rental?

Can we move a mile and a half south and walk 30 minutes to the train every morning?

How bad ARE the public schools around here?

Are the suburbs simply inevitable?

I can't believe I'm even asking these questions.

Someone talk me off this ledge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Can't. We are having same conversations. Try not to succumb to the siren's song of the suburbs.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the suburbs?
David Kaufman

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maplewood! It's full of Brooklyn refugees.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home