Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dirty feet on da bumblebee

I was recently reminded of a lyric that I misheard as a kid.

When Bon Scott muttered "dirty deeds and dey're done dirt cheap" on the song "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap," I thought he was saying "Dirty feet on da bumblebee."

I remember going around summer camp that year singing my version of the song over and over.

Dirty feet and bumblebees. It made a lot more sense to a ten-year-old than something about sex acts performed at rock bottom prices.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And the oboe will be there to greet them..."

=

"Well, the old boy may be barely breathing..."

Heart of Rock'n'Roll, Huey Lewis and the News.

-D. Sherman

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if ANYONE understood what the hell Steve Perry was saying in "Oh Sherry" I'll buy them a drink!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

"Big old cat had the light on."

Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner" from Book of Dreams. Those were the lyrics until I was 12.

-Casey

4:22 PM  
Blogger Ms. Hep said...

Then buy me a drink, Micah J!!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home