Thursday, June 23, 2005

You know you're a New Yorker when you walk right through a 17 ton popsicle disaster, and it doesn't even register.

The other day, I was walking through Union Square, which is right next to my office. I barely noticed some sort of big to-do. But there's always some sort of big to-do in Union Square, so I thought nothing of it. I also barely noticed that there was a lot of purple water on the ground. Again, the Square is usually a mess - either from some event, or a bunch of high school kids dumping slurpees on the ground. So, I didn't think twice.

Later that evening, I found that the to-do and the mess was from a 17 ton popsicle that Snapple produced as a publicity stunt. According to the story in several international news outlets, it melted in the heat (go figure), and flooded the area with strawberry-flavored fluid.

Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home