Monday, June 13, 2005

Sarah, Asher and I drove up to Boston for my college friend Kristen's wedding this weekend. It was Asher's first long car ride, and he fared rather well, if you don't count the extended freak-out on Sunday night that left us on the side of the Grand Central Parkway for 20 minutes while he calmed down and glared sullenly at the on-rush of post-Hamptons weekend traffic.

I love Boston... really Cambridge and Somerville. The aesthetic is colonial shlump. The vibe is a paradoxical snobbish and accepting. The mountains are near. The music is good. When we left Berkeley, Sarah and I actually intended to move to Boston, but employment, compelling social scene and a great deal on an apartment drove us to NYC. Two years later, we still talk about what life would be like up there. Who knows, maybe Boston is in the cards after we're forced out of our condo by that nasty 7-year ARM.

Kristen's wedding was elegant, intimate and FRIGGIN' HOT! Try standing in the 90 degree sun for nearly an hour while wearing a tuxedo w/vest. Prior to the ceremony, my pants didn't fit me. By the time the recessional music started playing, I needed a belt.

Weather aside, it was really nice to see all of my old freshman dorm friends again.

On an unrelated note, if you had a wife, a child, and a mortgage, would you be tempted by an extremely high-risk venture that offered a really nice salary up-front and a respectable percentage of the company in options? I'm not - save the occasional immature daydream of leaving my current company in the lurch as payback for a relatively small handful of slights. Does that mean I've sold out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home