Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New Beginnings

The first few days of a new job are always a bit dodgy. Aside from the logistical challenges (I'm still trying to figure out how to work the coffee machine), the more neurotic of us are plagued with those ontological questions like, "What exactly am I supposed to be doing?"

The big picture is starting to take shape, though. Despite many undefined specifics, I do know that my first top priority (aside from getting the coffee machine to work) will be to take ABC News digital video from a disparate collection of initiatives into something that's fully integrated, modular and scalable. Beyond that are some more nebulous goals that involve wireless distribution and world domination.

So far, it's okay. No creepy ham & mayo sessions. No Office Space clones. And most importantly, no apparent shortage of levelheaded, seemingly bright individuals who are passionate about their jobs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Creepy Ham and Mayo" is going to be the name of my new rock band.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home