Friday, June 23, 2006

"The wire transfer of funds has been initiated."

And with that email, I close the door on a decade of Centerstage Chicago ownership.

We've sold the company to a major media company who shall remain nameless for at least a bit longer.

What that means to me: Cash, baby.

What that means to you: Start using the new email address to keep in touch - isaac - at - parkslopeproductions dot com (written out to minimize spam crawlers).

A huge shout out to one of my partners Mark Roth who brokered this deal. Mark, you displayed an incredible sense of class and professionalism, and I thank you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll be off Center Stage? Crying shame, I remember the first day you showed it to me, and recommended I write a review. Never did. Wish I had.

Glad to see you're still around. Wish I was. Lately I miss those days we shared an office. Hope you're doing as well as it looks. I might get a chance to catch up to you in another 10 years or so.

Cheers,

DCM

5:11 PM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

50 cents to anyone (including DCM) who can tell me who DCM is!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apologies. How many DCMs do you know, anyway? Furthermore, how many DCMs did you know from the Northwestern Chronicle? Indeed it has been too long. Pity, that. But again, I'm glad to see that you're doing well.

Warmest regards,

Doug (DCM)

9:16 AM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

I was right!
How/Where are you these days, Doug? Didn't I take a couch off your hands in 1995? My wife finally made me get rid of it three years ago.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think that's right (but it might have been '96). I was moving out of town to grad school, so all sorts of things went to all sorts of people. Only took what would fit in the Astro. So you held on to that couch for 8 years? Impressive. I wonder who's got it now?

So after spending 5 years in Texas, I defended the dissertation and moved on to gainful employment (I'm a chemist in gas sensor R&D) in suburban DC (MD). We'll see how long I stick with it (or it sticks with me). In the meantime, I got married last fall, and I'm lecturing in Italy in two weeks. So fortunately I haven't been bored.

Later on I'll bust off an e-mail so you'll know how to find me.

DCM

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home