Tuesday, February 28, 2006


(view from our condo in the Bahamas)

Wow, what a much-needed break that was!

We dropped Asher off with his grandparents on Thursday morning, and were on the Bahamas beach by 4pm. By 5pm, my cold was gone. By 6pm, I didn't have a care in the world, save battling against my friend Mark's desire to go to Johnny Rockets for dinner.

Talk about luxury - this was a far cry from my last vacation, when Sarah and I scurried around rural Mexico on the backs of pickup trucks and slept in flimsy wooden cabins.

The condo was just off the beach, where Sarah spent virtually all of her time. I got sick of the sand by the second afternoon, and hung out with Matt and Ronit at the pool. Mark and Gina split their time between the beach, the pool, and the lounge chairs on the balcony.

On a slightly more sober note, I learned that the Bahamas' sole industry (other than a bit of offshore banking) is tourism. In fact, the 300,000 citizens of the country cannot even feed themselves; they have to import most food from nearby Florida or Cuba. It's sort of a depressing economy.

Asher was none the worse for wear when we returned. I took Monday off to catch up with him, and ease back into frigid New York.

Now, I'm back at NPD, squeezing in this post between meetings. Same old, same old, but it doesn't bother me so much today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Let's go back next week.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home