Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sixteen Years

Sixteen years ago, I cast my first vote for President of the United States in the basement of an Evanston, IL apartment building. It took less than five minutes. Later that night, I watched from television production class as President Bush conceded the election to Governor Clinton, and the longest era of peace and prosperity in my lifetime began.

This morning, I stood in line for nearly two hours with thousands of fellow citizens, many proudly defying New York City law by wearing Obama paraphernalia to the poll. Together, we're hoping to end the longest era of war and sustained economic turbulence in my lifetime. Tonight, I will be at ABC News, watching the returns with my co-workers. It's going to be a long night. I hope it will be a good one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home