Friday, July 13, 2007

Sex Education

I was just watching this news report about teaching sexual orientation in public school sex ed classes. Not surprisingly, some people think it should be taught, and some don't.

I'm confused. When did sex ed become anything more than biology? The extent of my sex education in the classroom was a few 5th grade lectures, one of which I got thrown out of because I wouldn't stop asking how the penis knows to make sperm come out instead of pee.

Has sex education evolved so much in twenty years that we're now teaching about non-biological workings? Is that a good thing to teach in schools? I dunno. Maybe if it went something like this:

  • Here's how babies are made.
  • If you don't want to have a baby, don't do that. Or, use birth control.
  • Some people of the same gender engage in sexual activity. This does not result in procreation.

    Labels:

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home