Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Busy Times

I've been trying to capitalize on some social opportunities lately, PLUS work the gym back into my routine, AND prove my mettle at ABC. In between, there's readings for class, family time, and the usual juggernaut of life maintenance tasks.

As a result, I'm not really sure whether I'm coming, going, here, there, asleep, awake, dreaming that I'm awake, or actually in the midst of a fantastic psychotic/delusional episode and I'm really a 47-year-old divorced insurance claims examiner living in Des Moines, Iowa.

Last Saturday, I went down to Washingon D.C. for five hours to say goodbye to JR before he shipped out. We spent the whole time with our high school friends Tom and Ryan in Ryan's boat, puttering around the Potomic, drinking cheap beer, talking trash and politics, and enduring Ryan's god-awful penchant for pop country music.

Class tonight. We're reviewing Plato's Phaedrus. The last time I read that was fifteen years ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Sounds like the stuff life is made of.

Assuming this is the Tom I think you speak of, tell him I said hello and that he would be surprised at how often he crosses my mind.

I hope you like your new job, despite all the Bush on TV. I am not sure I could hang with that.And good luck with that whole working the gym back into your schedule thing.

10:56 PM  
Blogger isaacjosephson said...

Tom reads this blog, so he will likely get that "hello" directly from you.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do. So yes, I did. Hello right back to you. I hope that when I cross your mind I'm not involved in a scenario in which wild animals are tearing me to shreds.

It's good to hear you're out there and doing well.

TM

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home