Monday, July 17, 2006

Oh, To Be Young... Or A Teacher With The Summer Off

My sister-in-law Debbie is a 6th grade teacher in New York. And like most teachers, she has summers off.

Debbie called me this afternoon from Northern California where she'd been volunteering at the Dandelion Farm. She'd finished her stint there, caught a ride to a town called Ukiah (known for Orr Hot Springs), and wanted to know if she should head south to the stunningly beautiful oceanside town of Mendocino or north to the sleepy college mountain city of Arcata.

Meanwhile, I was between meetings, and just about to race home to relieve the babysitter, play with Asher for an hour, then try to put him to bed and cook dinner.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... or my student summer of scanning legal files for 8 hours every day for very little money, just so I can afford to make it to the fall in one piece.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home