Thursday, March 09, 2006

Asher's sick with a double whammy of the croup and an ear infection. Sarah's got some sort of viral thing, and I'm being plagued by a nasty cold. Needless to say, the past couple of nights have been quite an adventure.

Inexplicably though, I'm almost overcome by the sentiment this morning that I am the luckiest man alive, with a strong and loving family. Maybe, it's the support we're providing each other in the face of this latest adventure. Maybe, it's our promise and security relative to the characters in all the mid-period Pink Floyd songs I've been listening to in the past 48 hours. Maybe, it's my recent exposure to close friends and colleagues with health problems far more serious than ours. Maybe, it's the combination of caffeine and sleep deprivation fueling a wellspring of raw emotion.

Whatever it is, if I were a religious man, I'd say that I'm feeling particularly blessed this morning. And who can argue with that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Hess said...

I hear you...and celebrate you.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home