Thursday, December 01, 2005

Greetings from frigid Grand Rapids!

I spent the bulk of yesterday evening browing the CD sections of big box retailers and taking pictures with my camera phone for tomorrow's presentation. Stuff like this:


Here's a decent example of a call-out in the racks: Five bucks off a CD. Pretty compelling, right?



Sure, if you can actually FIND the CD that the sale sign references.




It took me ten minutes to locate the Reba McEntire CD that was supposedly on sale. It was several feet away, on another rack. And there was no sales sticker on the cover.

I'll use this to jump into a mini-discussion about better living through proper signage, and some extremely tactical ways in which you can nudge the sales needle in the right direction.

Oh yeah, and I'll also talk about how teens are coming back to physical sales in droves, and what retailers can do to bring 'em in.

Gripping stuff, this.

Hand me my nose ring, and show me the mosh pit, right Ben?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home