Saturday, November 26, 2005

A couple weeks back, I got an assignment to review a live Phish CD that's due out in December.

I haven't seriously listened to Phish in about seven years, so it was fascinating to me that I still got that Pavlovian reaction when I heard those familiar opening notes to one of their more titantic songs - a slight shortness of breath and bitter taste in my mouth that comes with the burst of adrenaline I used to get when I knew I was in for a helluva musical ride. Or, maybe the shortness of breath and the bitter taste was just a faint echo of that dope/acid combo I favored back in the days that I listened to this shit with a fervor unmatched by anything else in secular society.

At any rate, I shouldn't be posting. I should be writing this damn review right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home