Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have this running playlist on Rhapsody that contains all CDs of note that are released during the year. I try to give at least a cursory listen to each one, you know, to see what the kids are listening to (Ok, I doubt "the kids" are even aware of the new Dave Holland disc with that awesome suite he composed for the Monterey Festival a couple of years back. And they probably don't give a shit about Thrill Jockey's latest Pit Er Pat release, but allow me the expression.). Anyway, I got to work especially early today (thanks, Asher), so I had a few solid hours of listening time before people started coming at me. From 7-9am, I covered Jack Johnson, Amos Lee, Ben Lee, Josh Ritter and Josh Rouse, and now I'm ready to pound the crap out of the next pseudo-sentimental male singer-songwriter with an affected, world-weary tone, acoustic guitar and whispered-raspy phrasings that make Jetta-driving, unmarried, thirtysomething trixies swoon.

On a different note, I'm beginning to think I smell like a combination of soiled diapers, regurgitated breast milk and dreft. But maybe, I'm just paranoid.

1 Comments:

Blogger mgrooves said...

hey isaac -- congrats on the baby.

matt g

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home