Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Snobbery Does Not Pay



I remember when WYSIWYG HTML editors first hit the market in the late Nineties.

After years of manually coding html, I refused to convert, inexplicably maintaining that they denied me my creative flexibility. Instead, I preferred to fiddle around in the code, wasting hours on table cell borders, font sizes, and image layouts. At most, I would use some of the BBEdit keystrokes to make life a bit easier.

Today, I used Dreamweaver for the first time. And in about four minutes, I created an entire html wireframe, complete with colors, sized images, and formatted text. It's an amazing program, and I'm an idiot for not leaning on it earlier.

Now, if I can just get that Gary Wright song "Dream Weaver" out of my head...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I was in grad school my "architecture of information" seminar was taught by a German TA named Katrin, who was a staunch advocate of what I still refer to as 'DreamVeaver'

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home