Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Schedules. Spinning Out of control. Must. Find. More. Time.

I've got a take-home midterm on Thursday that's due Saturday. I've got a conference the following Tuesday, where I'm on a panel that will require a fair amount of last-minute studying. And, I've got the usual domestic milieu of unpaid bills, co-op responsibilities, a needy-but-lovely son, and an under-the-weather wife.

On a more positive note, Sarah and I went out this past weekend. Like, by ourselves. Until midnight.

Sarah's a huge Paul Simon fan, and he was doing a one-night engagement at Radio City Music Hall. Our friends the Real Estate Mogul and the Corporate Lawyer happened to have extra tickets. My not-so-inner cynic/music snob was prepared for a boring, 45 minute show, packed with the kind of mediocrity served up by washed-up artists who trade on their earlier fame to sell a few hundred thousand records of new and limp material. Not so, this time. Paul Simon puts on one hell of a show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home