Monday, October 16, 2006

Eight things I learned this weekend
(in temporal order)



1. If you let your kid play in the street during a block party, you're in danger of undoing a year's worth of "don't run out into the street" training.

2. I don't want to live in a small town, but Sloatsburg sure does have cool hiking nearby (see above image). And it's only a 45 minute commute to Manhattan.

3. The 45 minute commute from Sloatsburg to Manhattan is three hours in traffic.

4. Religious Jews who are stoners will not smoke pot on Yom Tov unless they can light off a pre-existing flame.

5. Hans Mangus Enzensberger is smart. Theodor Adorno is funny (but probably didn't mean to be). Karl Marx is boring - but I already knew that.

6. One of the most uptight, secretive guys I knew in college now works at a medicinal marijuana farm.

7. One of the most crazy, on-the-edge guys I knew in college now works for a corporate law firm representing manufacturing companies in consumer negligence suits.

8. Weddings are funny ways to find out about people you used to know in college.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the crazy guy from college now representing corporate interests? Anyone I knew?
A

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was wondering about #4, too. Actually, though, I've heard of people (ah, religion) who will take in the smoke that other people have created, but won't, you know, change the state of the dried stuff themselves....

Also, were all of those college revelations made at the wedding?

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home