Sunday, September 11, 2005



Back from Vacation

Well, Scott was right in his comment below. I only made it through a third of The House of Morgan during my stay on the lake. Far as I can tell, Pierpont wasn't half the dynamic fella as J.D. Rockafeller (biographed in Chernow's other robber baron tome Titan). Still, it's a fascinating read, and I'll eventually finish it.

Vacation was... relaxing. We did a lot of nothing - swam in the lake, drank wine, went on a nice hike, and so on. I ran a handful of times - just enough to not feel guilty about eating delectable food every three hours.

Lots of national news in my absence. Nothing good. Ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Hess said...

Great pic, Ike. Love it! Too bad about the book, but I admire your ambition. I have a stack of about 20 books (no shit) on the side of my bed. I've been working through them for the past three years.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home