Thursday, April 21, 2005

A few years back, my friend Kristen and I drove up from Atlanta to meet some friends in New York City for New Year's. Kristen's cat Lucy was with us, perched up behind the backseat next to the rear window. When we stopped at a hotel somewhere in Virginia for the night, Lucy started meowing like mad. Kristen gave the cat some drugs to shut her up so that we could sleep. Much to our dismay, the drugs just made things worse. Instead of her excited, periodic yowls, Lucy started in on this neverending series of pitiful moans that drifted back and forth between pitches, making sleep - already a challenge - flat out impossible.

Asher got his shots yesterday. Since he was visibly uncomfortable from them, we gave him baby Tylenol. He spent the better part of the afternoon, evening and night sounding just like Lucy the drugged cat.

We felt terrible for him. Poor kid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I can't believe my cat showed up on your blog! That night sucked. Don't know if you remember this part, but I felt so bad about keeping you up that I corralled the cat into the car and drove around whatever tiny Virginia town we were in for an hour or so. I played Wilco the whole time. The cat yowled along with Tweedy. A surreal evening, kinda.

Hope little Asher's feeling better!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home