Friday, March 18, 2005

It's amazing how little capacity I have for extra-cirricular thought these days. Had lunch with Josh this afternoon, and when we drifted into our usual conversation about politics (away from our usual conversation about his film and my thoughts on music), I had little to add. For the first time in years, I'm simply not able to ingest, much less digest everything that's going on. Bush nominates another bad guy for something. Republicans pass another dumb law. Biden is angling for 2008. Lieberman's a neo-con. That's about as deep as I get.

My level of intelligent socio-political discourse is pretty much limited to not-so-wry cracks about Sarah's usage of our new Netflix account. She rented the first episode of Little House on the Prairie (in which Pa harvests a crop he didn't know he had - a crop of friends). Small town. Boostrapping. Faith-based initiatives and a lot of God. I'm waiting for this show to make a comeback.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home